The three hamlets
The Causse landscape
Protohistoric enclosure of Rode
Le Buffre cross
The church of Hures
- The choir in the early and the nave in the late 12th century,
- the right-hand chapel in the 14th century,
- the left-hand chapel in the 18th century.
Each enlargement of the building corresponded to an increase in the Causse population. The nave has a beautiful window. To the right of the entrance is a funereal recess, which probably belonged to a local dignitary and in which were deposited a number of bones removed from the buried body.
1) Turn left and go straight up into the hamlet. As you leave the hamlet, continue straight ahead on the track that goes gently uphill to a gate.
2) At this little pass, take a path to the right that leads to the protohistoric enclosure (you will need to retrace your steps to return).
3) Back at the pass, take the path opposite, which goes very slightly downhill towards Le Buffre.
4) As you leave the woods and the field, turn right onto the track to the hamlet of Le Buffre. Then turn right and, when you reach the road, cross it, walking straight ahead to the cross.
5) At the cross, leave the road and continue straight ahead on the track (draille). Pass the watering-hole on its left.
6) 100 m after the watering-hole, the path moves up the slope of the hill on the right and goes back downhill to Hures.
7) Go through the fence and take the track on the right uphill to the quarry, cross the quarry and continue straight ahead on the track to return to Drigas.
Tourism'house and national Parc at Florac
Place de l'ancienne gare, N106, 48400 Florac-trois-rivières
04 66 45 01 14
This office is part of the National Park's associated tourist-information network, whose mission is to provide information on, and raise awareness of, the sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone.
On site: exhibitions, video projections, events and shop Open year-round
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: