From “Halle de l’Espérou”, take the road on the left.
1) At “La Halle”, take the track on the right and continue to “Les Douzes”.
2) Turn right towards “Font des Douzes”.
3) Turn left to “Pueylong”.
4) At “Pueylong” re-join the road on the left for 900 m and take the single track leading to “Bois du Mas Méjean”, “Route Dhombres”.
5) Cross the road and take, on your right, the single track all the way to “Le château”, then turn left on the road towards “Carrefour” before returning to “La halle de l'Espérou”.
This walk is taken from the guidebook Massif de l’Aigoual, published by the Communauté de communes Causses Aigoual Cévennes as part of the collection Espaces Naturels Gardois and the label Gard Pleine Nature.
- Departure : L’Espérou
- Arrival : L’Espérou
- Towns crossed : Dourbies, Bréau-Mars, Arphy, Val-d'Aigoual
Tourism & national parc'house
Col de la Serreyrède, 30570 Val d'Aigoual
04 67 82 64 67
The Maison de l'Aigoual houses the tourism office Mont Aigoual Causses Cévennes and the Maison du Parc national. This visitor centre provides information on and raises awareness of the Cévennes National Park, its sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone.
On site: changing exhibitions, video projections, Festival Nature events and shop Open year-round
Tourism office Mont Aigoual Causses Cévennes, Valleraugue
7 quartier des Horts, 30570 Valleraugue
04 67 64 82 15
This office is part of the National Park's associated tourist-information network, whose mission is to provide information on, and raise awareness of, the sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone. : Open year-round
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: