1 point of interest
The watershedThe watershed goes through the village of L’Espérou. This natural limit is also the border between the two municipalities of Val d’Aigoual and Dourbies. The rain that falls on and runs off the Valleraugue side continues to the Mediterranean. The water that flows towards Dourbies does not follow the same route and ends up in the Atlantic…
From “Halle de l’Espérou”, take the road on the left.
1) At “La Halle”, take the track on the right and continue to “Les Douzes” (this section is shared with MTB 1 and 4) then to “Pueylong” (shared with MTB 4).
2) At “Pueylong”, take the track on the right to “Tabusse”, then follow on the left “Col de Montals” via “Bois de Montals”.
3) At the pass, cross the road and take the track on your left towards “Col de La Lusette” via “La Hêtraie”.
4) At the road, take the single-track trail opposite to “Bois de Villeméjane”, then to “Bois du Mas Méjean”, “Route Dhombres”.
5) Cross the road to take on your right the single track towards “Le Château”, then return to “La Halle de L'Espérou” via “Carrefour”.
This circuit is taken from the guidebook Massif de l’Aigoual, published by the communauté de communes Causses Aigoual Cévennes as part of the collection Espaces naturels gardois and the label Gard Pleine Nature.
- Departure : L’Espérou
- Arrival : L’Espérou
- Towns crossed : Val-d'Aigoual, Dourbies, Bréau-Mars, Arphy
Tourism & national parc'house
Col de la Serreyrède, 30570 Val d'Aigoual
04 67 82 64 67
The Maison de l'Aigoual houses the tourism office Mont Aigoual Causses Cévennes and the Maison du Parc national. This visitor centre provides information on and raises awareness of the Cévennes National Park, its sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone.
On site: changing exhibitions, video projections, Festival Nature events and shop Open year-round
Tourism office Mont Aigoual Causses Cévennes, Valleraugue
7 quartier des Horts, 30570 Valleraugue
04 67 64 82 15
This office is part of the National Park's associated tourist-information network, whose mission is to provide information on, and raise awareness of, the sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone. : Open year-round
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: