The Mont Aigoual forest
The French Forestry Office, which manages state forests, launched a programme in 2013 called “Aigoual, Forêt d’Exception” (Aigoual: An Exceptional Forest) with the aim of highlighting the massif’s natural and cultural heritage. The Forestry Office thus tries to foreground the different aspects of its multi-facetted management: production, protection and receiving visitors. One key aspect of this approach, which complements other initiatives by local actors, is to improve visitors’ experience in the forest.
Col du Suquet pass
The Bonheur river
Starting from “Camprieu”, head towards "col des Ubertes" via "Le Cros", "Tabarde", "Maison du bois", "Tailladette", "Terondel".
1) At "col des Ubertes" follow "Col du Suquet".
2) At “col du Suquet” follow the GR® trail towards “Le Vieux Hêtre”, then turn left towards “Mont Mal”, "Serre de Cade".
3) From “Serre de Cade”, there is a technical descent to the road. Turn left onto the road for 1 km till you reach "Sous le col des Rhodes".
4) Turn right and follow “Canayère” via "Le pas du Coulet" and "Les Pins noirs", then continue to “Comeiras”
5) At "Comeiras" start the long climb to “La Roque”.
6) Take the road on the left towards "Valat de Malbosc", then turn left to “Les Monts”. Then head towards "Pont de l’Âne" via "La Combette", "La Matte" and "Conduite forcée".
7) At “Pont de l’Âne”, go to “St Sauveur des Pourcils” via "Le Muguet", "La Fonderie", "Valat de la Fonderie". Then head for “Carrefour des Pourcils”.
8) Turn right to return to "Camprieu" via "Travadaire", "Rouveyrolle", "Abîme de Bramabiau", "Perte de Bramabiau", "La mairie", "La Croix basse".
This circuit is taken from the guidebook Massif de l’Aigoual, published by the communauté de communes Causses Aigoual Cévennes as part of the collection Espaces naturels gardois and the label Gard Pleine Nature.
Tourism & national parc'house
Col de la Serreyrède, 30570 Val d'Aigoual
04 67 82 64 67
The Maison de l'Aigoual houses the tourism office Mont Aigoual Causses Cévennes and the Maison du Parc national. This visitor centre provides information on and raises awareness of the Cévennes National Park, its sites and events as well as the rules that must be observed in the National Park's central zone.
On site: changing exhibitions, video projections, Festival Nature events and shop Open year-round
Access and parking
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: